Measures we’re taking
· We will educate employees on good hygiene practice and social distancing guidelines
· We will stay up to date on, and continuously educate our employees on, BC public health orders.
· We will educate employees on symptoms of Covid-19 and ask any employee that presents symptoms to self-isolate for two weeks.
· We will provide open communication between staff and management to encourage honest reporting of symptoms.
· We are providing physical distancing floor markers.
· We have installed counter extensions for barriers from staff to customers.
· We are adding signage reminding customers to follow social distancing guidelines.
· We have created a new & separate ‘engine starting’ station for counter staff to reduce interaction with mechanic’s stations.
· We are moving all equipment with wheels outside of the building to avoid accessing mechanic stations.
· We are limiting the number of staff in the office to 3 people at a time, and encouraging off site lunch breaks.
· We have identified isolated areas for our mechanics to work independently from one another.Cleaning
· We are providing customer hand sanitizer stations, and signage for best hygiene practices.
· We have identified employee ‘stations’ and limiting movement between stations (including closing our third ‘overflow’ station).
· We are providing hand sanitizer at all stations.
· We are asking staff to increase the frequency of disinfecting workstations and high traffic touch points.
· We are providing sanitizer / gloves / masks for our staff to use for any identified risks of touch points with customer equipment, and encouraging increased hand washing when employees choose not to.
· We are increasing the frequency of washroom sanitization.Other
· We are providing cash-less payment options (‘tap’ debt/credit, e-transfers).
· We are limiting use of delivery vehicle to one employee.
· We are suspending all management business travel.
· We are providing mechanic training through on-line seminars.
· In the case of a suspected exposure all employees will be notified and asked to be tested for Covid-19 and self-monitor for symptoms.
· If more than one employee tests positive, our business will shut for 14 days for isolation measures and enhanced cleaning. Notification will be provided to Interior Health.
· We will continuously review our plan through staff meetings and regular inspections by management.